I run a small ISP, I like Embperl, but I am reluctant to let just any user use it.

A script such as the following can make the httpd child go very high in
MEMORY and CPU usage.  Even after the request is terminated from the
client, the server keeps on chugging away.

This example uses:
Embperl 1.2b7
Apache/1.3.6
mod_perl/1.21
Solaris 2.7

<h1>Embperl Examples - Crash Apache Child</h1>
[- %h = qw(1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 e 6 f 7 g 8 h 9 i 10 j); -]
[$ foreach $Row (keys(%h)) $]
        [- $row = $Row -]
[$endforeach$]

n Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Tubbs, Derric L wrote:

> I agree, I think it's time to start looking elsewhere.  He's the sysadmin
> and service provider, it's his job to figure out how to make it work to meet
> your needs.  There are ways for him to sufficiently reduce the risk of you
> crashing the rest of his sites.  Make him work for that money or find
> another provider.

_nor_