Hi,

I've been using mod_perl successfully albeit minimally for a couple months
now.
I'm trying to tune performance and memory usage by consolidating some
common Perl "use" directives in a PerlRequire statement.  However, when I
add this line to my Apache config file (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf), the
server fails to come up - and also give no indication that I can find of a
problem.  So, I don't know what's going wrong.

Here's what I'm adding to my httpd.conf file:

PerlRequire /home/ugtz/startup.pl

I have the usual stuff in my /home/ugtz/startup.pl file, actually I tried
commenting everything but the #!/usr/local/bin/perl and the "1;" at the
end, and it still failed.  So, I don't think the contents of the file are
at fault.

My httpd error log doesn't say anything is wrong, it actually doesn't log
anything - like it never got that far...

I do:
% /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd:                   [  OK  ]
% ps -ef |grep httpd
[no httpd processes]
% tail /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
[ nothing new in log ]

Does anyone have any clues for me to track down on this, I'm stumped.

-bill