Hi,
I am trying to use sessionmanagement via Apache::Session together
with HTML::Embperl. As I understand from  the documentation I
just need to configure a storing and a locking mechanism in
httpd.conf to do so. After that I should be able to use the %udat
hash to store session related data, HTML::Embperl::Session is
supposed to do everything from creating a unique session-id to
storing it in a cookie or retrieving that cookie again
automatically.
Unfortunately setting the cookie does not work for me. When I use
%udat for the first time a session-id is created (which I checked
with a simple "print %udat;"), but the cookie is not sent (and:
yes, my Netscape is cookie-enabled...). This is the embperl
related stuff from my httpd.conf:

------------------
AddType text/html .epl
SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477
SetEnv EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /perldebug
SetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
# optRawInput + optRedirectStdout
SetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16914

# Session management
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MemoryStore NullLocker"
PerlModule HTML::Embperl

<Location /perldebug>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
        Options ExecCGI
</Location>
<Files *.epl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
        Options     ExecCGI
</Files>
-------------------

I use the following versions:
Apache_1.3.9
Apache-Session-1.04
HTML-Embperl-1.2.1
libwww-perl-5.43
URI-1.02
HTML-Parser-2.23

I would be happy if someone could help me with that since I have tried
for two days everytime with the same result, which gets quite
depressing by now ;-)

Btw: To my mind Embperl is really great! I ported a site from PHP to
Embperl recently and gained about 80% speed with that, due to
faster database access

Take care,
Andre

PGP signature