On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 01:31:17PM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> What you describe looks good to me. There is one other issue, that is
> dynamlic linking mod_perl. How comes mod_perl into your Apache? Is it
> dynamicly loaded at runtime (i.e. by a LoadModule in your httpd.conf) or is
> it staticly loaded?
>
> If the first is true, look if Embperl is loaded somewhere in your httpd.conf
> (either by a PerlModule or by a file that is loaded with PerlRequire).
> Remove this. In case of dynamicly linking Embperl must not loaded at startup
> time. (mod_perl will do this at request time for you)

I made a further test by now, with staticly linked mod_perl and without
preloading HTML::Embperl in httpd.conf.

Doing a "tail -f /var/log/apache/error.log" I see "[11159]SES:
Embperl Session management enabled (1.xx)" (with the number
in brackets changing of course) every time I reload my
testpage. But I can also still see the session-id changing with
every reload, and no cookie is set, just like before.
Does the changing id not indicate that sessionmanagement is
basically working and there is just something terribly wrong with
the cookie part? Maybe I did not install some package from CPAN
correctly (although I cannot remember seeing any error
during installation)?

Andre

PGP signature