i am using embperl with cookies.
i also have this set in httpd.conf

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_DOMAIN .genwax.com
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH /
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES 'Friday, 31-Dec-2010 14:00:00 GMT'

how are you checking to make sure cookies are sent?
either telnet directly to the port and do a get

telnet www.domain.com 80
GET /path/to/page/with/embperl HTTP/1.0

that is two returns above,

or better