> I made a further test by now, with staticly linked mod_perl and without
> preloading HTML::Embperl in httpd.conf.

If you staticly linked mod_perl you should preload Embperl, but it should
also work without preloading.

> Doing a "tail -f /var/log/apache/error.log" I see "[11159]SES:
> Embperl Session management enabled (1.xx)" (with the number
> in brackets changing of course) every time I reload my
> testpage.

That's ok

> But I can also still see the session-id changing with
> every reload, and no cookie is set, just like before.

What do you mean by session id? The number inside the square bracktes id the
pid of the Apache child. Or do you mean other things?

> Does the changing id not indicate that sessionmanagement is
> basically working and there is just something terribly wrong with
> the cookie part? Maybe I did not install some package from CPAN
> correctly (although I cannot remember seeing any error
> during installation)?

I just searched for your initial mail and the module versions you metioned
there should work just fine.

Please try to include the following output in your test page:

1 = [+ ref (tied(%udat)) +]
2 = [+ ref (tied(%HTML::Embperl::udat)) +]
3 = [+ $Apache::Session::VERSION +]
4 = [+ $HTML::Embperl::Session::VERSION +]

what is the output of this?

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151