On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 07:00:13AM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:

> You need to setup session handling at all, e.g.
>
>  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "FileStore SysVSemaphoreLocker"

That is PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "FileStore NullLocker"
in my httpd.conf

> When you restart your apache, you should see a message about EMbperl Session
> management enabled. Without this message it won't work

You talk about this one, don't you?
--------------
root@linbec31:/download/Perl/HTML-Embperl-1.2.1 #
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
[1392]SES:  Embperl Session management enabled (1.xx)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start: httpd started
--------------
I saw that message every time since I started playing around with
session handling, but despite the message it does not work

> You will only get the cookie header if you write to the %udat hash inside
> your page
I have done this, using the sample page implementing a counter posted
yesterday on this list. As I explained session management works
as far as generating the id and saving it into %udat, but it
simply does not set the cookie

Since this happens on two machines with at least slightly different Linux
distributions (one is Mandrake 6.0, the other a Redhat 5.2) I
think it is a configuration problem... so if someone could please
email me her complete configuration files I'd have more means to
test

Andre