On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, DeWitt Clinton wrote:

[...]
> On that topic, is there an alternative to squid?  We are using it
> exclusively as an accelerator, and don't need 90% of it's admittedly
> impressive functionality.  Is there anything designed exclusively for this
> purpose?

At ValueClick we can't use the caching for obvious reasons so we're using
a bunch of apache/mod_proxy processes in front of the apache/mod_perl
processes to save memory.

Even with our average <1KB per request we can keep hundreds of mod_proxy
childs busy with very few active mod_perl childs.

  - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 60M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>