Vivek Khera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> This has infinite more flexibility than squid, and allows me to have
> multiple personalities to my sites.  See for example the sites
> http://www.morebuiness.com and http://govcon.morebusiness.com

If when you say "multiple personalities", you mean virtual hosts, then
squid---at least recent versions---can do this as well.

Mind you, the FAQ doesn't explain this at all, but the Users Guide at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/Users-Guide/detail/accel.html.  Gives
you all the details.

You have to have a redirector process, but there are several out there
(squirm, a couple of others), and the specs for building your own are
really trivial---like five lines of perl for a basic shell.

Now I've not done bench tests to see which of these options does the
best (quickest, lowest load, etc) job, and of course familiarity with
the configuration options counts for a lot---but I have to say (not
that it's entirely pertinent) that even though I spend a lot more time
with apache than squid, the times I've had to play with acls, I've
found squid easier than apache.

Now if you meant something else, well, I don't know what to say other
than I think there are drugs that can help...

Mike.