> > > No, that's the size of the system call buffer.  It is not an
> > > application buffer.
> >
> > So how one should interpret the info at:
> > http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyreceivebuffersize
> >
> > <QUOTE>
> > The ProxyReceiveBufferSize directive specifies an explicit network buffer
> > size for outgoing HTTP and FTP connections, for increased throughput. It
> > has to be greater than 512 or set to 0 to indicate that the system's
> > default buffer size should be used.
> > </QUOTE>
> >
> > So what's the application buffer parameter? A hardcoded value?
> >

> Yes, as Joshua posted today morning (at least it was morning in germany :-),
> the application buffer size is hardcoded, the size is 8192 (named
> IOBUFSIZE). You will find it in proxy_util.c:ap_proxy_send_fb().
>
> The ProxyReceiveBufferSize set the receive buffer size of the socket, so
> it's an OS issue.

Which means that setting of ProxyReceiveBufferSize higher than 8k is
usless unless you modify the sources. Am I right? (I want to make it as
clear as possible i in the Guide)

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com