Hi Stas,

> > Yes, as Joshua posted today morning (at least it was morning in
> germany :-),
> > the application buffer size is hardcoded, the size is 8192 (named
> > IOBUFSIZE). You will find it in proxy_util.c:ap_proxy_send_fb().
> >
> > The ProxyReceiveBufferSize set the receive buffer size of the socket, so
> > it's an OS issue.
>
> Which means that setting of ProxyReceiveBufferSize higher than 8k is
> usless unless you modify the sources. Am I right? (I want to make it as
> clear as possible i in the Guide)

No, that means that Apache reads (and writes) the data of the request in
chunks of 8K, but the OS is providing a buffer with the size of
ProxyReceiveBufferSize (as far as you don't hit a limit). So the proxied
request data is buffered by the OS and if the whole page fit's inside the OS
buffer the sending Apache should be imediately released after sending the
page, while the proxing Apache can read and write the data in 8 K chunks as
slow as the client is.

That's the result of the discussion. I didn't tried it out myself until now
if it really behaves this way. I will do so the next time and let you know
if I find any different behaviour.

Gerald