siberian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>My question is : Has anyone experienced any 'gotchas' in putting perl code
>that modperl handlers use on a Network Attached file server like a network
>appliance box ( www.netapp.com )? I am assuming that there are no real
>issues but before i go blow a ton of cash on this thing I wanted to be
>sure that no one had found a problem.

We don't have as large a setup as many places (we only have 3/4 Terabyte
storage), but the biggest bottleneck I can see is network.  The NetApps can
handle multiple ethernets per IP interface and ATM, so with the proper
networking, this wouldn't be too much of a problem.  If the NetApp is serving
both CIFS and NFS (to allow NT and Unix file serving), then make sure the NT
setups are correct.  It can have problems if mistakes are made in the NT area.
 Due to the performance issues and security, I would recommend a private
switched network if going with ethernet.
--
James Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 409-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix

Opinions are those of the author and not Texas A&M University.