According to Tim Bunce:
> > > And, just to be balanced, has anyone _not_ found any 'gotchas' and is
> > > enjoying life with a netapp or similar NFS file serving appliance?
> >
> > I haven't really had any gotchas in terms of performance.  But you do
> > have to plan things out if you are going to be working in a mixed
> > NFS+CIFS environment because of permission issues.  Also I had a really
> > hard time accessing a share with samba.  Supposedly that is fixed now
> > but I have not had reason to test it.
>
> We wouldn't be using CIFS or samba. Just plan simple NFS file serving.

I'm using one as a cvs repository and master copy that gets distributed
via rsync to some other hosts but it isn't really serving the production
hosts in real time yet.  One thing I was hoping to do was to let it
serve static content directly from my master image (you can get
an http server also) but it keeps crashing when I try to give
permission to a couple of subdirectories only and deny or issue
a redirect on attempts to access anything else.  This is probably
my configuration error - I just haven't been sitting by a phone
long enough to deal with a call to tech support recently...
The thing doesn't seem especially fast at serving http but it
doesn't slow down much with hundreds of concurrent requests either.

  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]