Flemming,

Check out IPC::SharedCache (uses IPC::ShareLite(?) underneath) by Sam
Tregar, author of HTML::Template. It does exactly what the name implies.
I believe the most recent version is 1.3, but check out your local CPAN
mirror for the latest copy. The documentation is rather good IMHO and it
is used by HTML::Template for a shared cache.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.