> It seems as this has the effect that each server process keeps its own
> copy of the templates. I would like to avoid this by using some sort of
> shared memory between the server processes. Does any of you have any
> experience in this field (or even better examples of how to do it)?

A good package for this is IPC::Shareable.  You can store info in semaphores
and share it between processes.

Another approach would be to use something like Apache::Session with a
common session ID of '0' or something of that short.  Apache::Session has no
problem storing complex data structures, and by having each script tie to
session with ID '0', you access a common data store.  I think the
Apache::Session docs talk a little bit about using the package to create
this type of shared memory store.

Hope this helps,
Russell Weiss
Founder and Technical Manager