I'm more of a perl end user and plead ignorance in actually understanding
what goes on behind the scenes. In the process of considering upgrading to
perl 5.6 and according to a recent message I see its going to be required
for mod_perl 2.x anyways so I guess its a good time to start migrating in that
direction. I was curious as to if there are requirements as to how perl
should be built for this. I scanned through the archives as I seemed to
remember some threads about this awhile ago, especially regarding threads
and multiplicity, from what I can see it looks like -DMULTIPLICITY is
going to be required ?, don't know about -DTHREADS, doesn't look like it
though. Can anybody in the know, shed some light on this, just trying to
save some work down the road as I'd like to upgrade to the perl 5.6 stuff
now and use it with my existing mod_perl (I already use the CVS version
and I know thats required for perl 5.6) but I really don't want to have
recompile perl (and modules, etc) again later if I can build it the way
it will need to be now and continue using mod_perl 1.x and then just upgrade
to mod_perl 2.x down the road.

Thanks,

--
A person is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Mike Hall,
Unix Admin   - Rock Island Communications           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
System Admin - riverside.org                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>