On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 01:32:29AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> > Just tried it here and aside from some warnings it compiled and passed all
> > its tests. Can't say whether it works or not though as Msql-Mysql doesn't
> > compile, you got a patch hiding for that somewhere too :-)
>
> sure :)  again, just compiles, not sure if it works.
>
> > PS: Mind if I post your message/patch on 'dbi-users' for Tim's benefit ?
>
> not at all, but i doubt either patch is quite right (the mysql one esp. is
> a quick hack)

Geez, I wasn't actually expecting a patch (just hoping maybe :-) and here
one is ! What can I say besides restating an earlier comment some else
posted recently "** You're the man **" !!

I don't know if the patches are quite right as you say, but both patches
(DBI, Msql-Mysql) compiled, passed their tests and after moving a couple
of scripts and databases over to the 'play' box they worked fine accessing
the mysql databases, displaying, inserting, and deleting records. Its just
a simple database-based GuestBook, nothing major but if its any indication
things appear to work fine with your patches.

I held off posting either of them to 'dbi-users' until I could do some
testing but since they seem to work I'm going to go ahead and post them
over there so the authors can take a peek, review, etc.

PS: I did find a patch Tim had posted for DBI, it didn't work for DBI but
    it did work for Msql-Mysql. Looks like either your Msql-Mysql patch
    or Tim's DBI patch work for Msql-Mysql, the common key seems to be
    defining 'dbis', although they do it in different ways. I stuck with
    your patches for both to keep things consistent. Tim's patch is below:

Index: DBI-1.1301/DBIXS.h
Prereq:  10.11
*** DBI-1.13/DBIXS.h    Mon Jul 12 03:04:28 1999
--- DBI-1.1301/DBIXS.h  Tue Jul 13 23:01:22 1999
***************
*** 1,4 ****
! /* $Id: DBIXS.h,v 10.11 1999/07/12 02:02:33 timbo Exp $
   *
   * Copyright (c) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999  Tim Bunce  England
   *
--- 1,4 ----
! /* $Id: DBIXS.h,v 10.12 1999/07/13 22:01:12 timbo Exp $
   *
   * Copyright (c) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999  Tim Bunce  England
   *
***************
*** 397,407 ****

  # define DBISTATE_DECLARE
  # define DBISTATE_INIT
! static dbistate_t * get_dbistate() {
!     return ((dbistate_t*)SvIVX(DBISTATE_ADDRSV));
  }
! # define DBIS (get_dbistate())

  #else /* plain and simple non perl object / multiplicity case */

  # define DBISTATE_DECLARE     static dbistate_t *DBIS
--- 397,410 ----

  # define DBISTATE_DECLARE
  # define DBISTATE_INIT
! static dbistate_t **get_dbistate() {
!     return ((dbistate_t**)&SvIVX(DBISTATE_ADDRSV));
  }
! # define DBIS (*get_dbistate())

+ /* temporary for drivers that mistakenly use 'dbis' instead of 'DBIS' */
+ # define dbis (*get_dbistate())
+
  #else /* plain and simple non perl object / multiplicity case */

  # define DBISTATE_DECLARE     static dbistate_t *DBIS

End of Patch

--
A bird in the hand makes it hard to blow your nose.

Mike Hall,
Unix Admin   - Rock Island Communications           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
System Admin - riverside.org                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>