For all those who favor chocolate cookies (mostly related to the latest
discussion about the sessions):

IE hole exposes Web surfers' private data:  Microsoft is working on a
patch that will prevent its Internet Explorer browser from inadvertently
letting Web sites peer into any visitor's cookie files.
http://2.digital.cnet.com/cgi-bin2/flo?x=dAEoBmhggowKmYuum

Now, think how many users will go use another similar service if yours
will force using cookies. No kidding, press (and the reality) teaches
people what to do and what not. It will take a while before the cookies
will be turned on by these frightened IE users, but I'm sure long time
before there will be another bug announced, so people will stop using them
at all. I can see a scenario where the "user-friendly" M$ will start
shipping IE preconfigured with cookies turned off.

M$ doesn't only prevent technologies from emerging, it also renders the
existing ones useless. This sucks!

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org