Stas Bekman wrote:
> Hold on, at this very moment a few mod_perl fellas are working on having a
> good search engine for the guide. Just give it some more time, I'm trying
> to bring the best so it'll take a while...

I'm glad you brought this up again. Since I mentioned I'd be happy to host such a
thing, and asked for suggestions, I've got a total of one (from Stas--thanks!). That
suggestion was to use ht://dig <http://www.htdig.org/>.

Has anyone got a search engine up and running that they're happy with? Stas has made
the good point that it needs to be able to hilight found words, since the pages are
quite large. If anyone has a chance to do a bit of research about (free) search
engines, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know what you find out. It'd be
nice publicity if it was mod_perl based, I guess, but it doesn't really matter.

My only concern is that it seems a little odd to keep this just to the Guide. Wouldn't
it be useful for the rest of perl.apache.org? I wouldn't have thought it's much extra
work to add a drop-down box to search specific areas of the sight (the Guide being
one)...

If there's a good reason to have the Guide's search engine separate to the rest of
perl.apache.org, should it have a separate domain (modperlguide.org?,
guide.perl.apache.org?)?

--
  Jeremy Howard
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]