Hi there!
        i'm new to mod_perl/Apache! I have to find out what the best method
is for having mod_perl have bi-directional communication with a unix daemon
process which will receive a string (for simplicity!) from mod_perl,
(extracted from the client request), talk to existing c-code which accesses
and uses the string  to update a database. The database will trigger a
response which has to get back to the client via mod_perl!

After all that my question is: how can i ensure each request receives the
correct response? Also what is the most efficient way to perform IPC using
mod_perl? I want to also ensure my machine doesn't fall over after receiving
multiple requests

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm kinda feeling around in the
dark at the moment and don't want to start something that turns out to be a
complete waste of time a little down the road!

Thanks again!

Thomas Reilly
Software Consultant,

Distributed Software Consultancy Ltd.,
Ballybrit Business Park,Galway,Ireland.
Tel: +353 (91) 760541 Fax: +353 (91) 760542
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.dscie.com