DeWitt Clinton wrote:

> Hi, I'm the author of IPC::Cache and frankly, I'm a little surprised
> it's worked so well for you.  :) I've noticed some performance issues
> with it.  The good news, however, is that Sam Tregar, author of
> IPC::SharedCache, and I have been working on a major upgrade.  In the
> next release, IPC::Cache will be back-ended against IPC::SharedCache
> module.  It will now scale and perform much better.
Cool! I have successfully used IPC::SharedCache on our Linux based
servers and it worked well. I will be making more use of IPC memory in
the future to spare the DB lookups for common info like customer data,
etc.

> I could use a few beta testers of the new IPC::Cache module.  If
> anyone wants to help, please let me know.
I'd be interested in helping. Fast shared memory is going to be my good
friend once my project begins to scale. :-) What do you need from beta
testers?

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.