Perrin Harkins wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Barry Robison wrote:
> > You may want to check out http://www.opensales.org/html/source.shtml,
> > rather than starting from scratch .. I haven't used it, but it's a
> > Perl based GPL commerce solution.
>
> Or you may not.  It doesn't support mod_perl.  I'd suggest looking at
> Tallyman or Yams instead.
> - Perrin
The current project I'm working on actually began with Yams, but I
quickly discovered that their templating system consists of hardcoded
strings in a config file. That was unworkable for what I was doing (I
needed to have many sites running off a single backend).

I'm now using HTML::Template for my HTML needs. (Thanks Sam!). However,
Yams was an excellent starting point for me - the DB schema was most
valuable. I have since completely rewritten everything, so there is
nothing of Yams left. My personal opinion is that is would work for a
single site, but it would benefit a LOT from OO perl. Objects are the
only thing currently saving my butt from meltdown. :-)

YMMV of course.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.