Randal L. Schwartz writes:

[snip]

> Or, I hesitate to say this here, but it's accurate: try Python.
> Decent object model... just an overly verbose syntax and that horrific
> "you must indent your code the way Guido wanted or Guido will make a
> visit to your house" indenting style.

What about Ruby? A pure OO language:

http://www.ruby-lang.org

Didn't try it yet. Quoting its creator (comp.lang.ruby):

Here's the quote from my (yet unpublished) article.

   On the Python newsgroup, questions/requests/complains like the   following
 have been repeated time to time.

   * I dislike code structuring by indentation.
   * Why Python has no "real" garbage collection?
   * Why there are two distinct data types, list and tuple?
   * Separating types and classes are annoying.  Why all values are not
     class instances?
   * Why no method is available for numbers, tuples, strings?
   * Explicit conversion between small integers and long integer are
     annoying.
   * Maintaining reference count in the extensions is tiresome and     error
     prone.

   All of these are already solved in Ruby.

       matz.

--
Adriano