Jason> Probably the best way to learn good OO Perl is to learn Java or C++.

No.  Gawd no.  Java and C++ are "hybrid" OO languages, with some
"real" objects and some "primitive" non-objects.  You learn evil
habits that way.  (Of course, Perl is also a hybrid OO language, which
occasionally upsets me, but not as much now that we have decent tie
interfaces.)

To learn OO, go to the granddaddy, Smalltalk.  Get a free smalltalk
for nearly every platform at www.squeak.org.  *Everything* is an
object, and open source and in a great IDE (essentially unchanged from
1980!!), and there's a big pile of literature of basic smalltalk
intros both on the net and off.

I've heard another good one is Eiffel, but I can't vouch for that
personally.

Or, I hesitate to say this here, but it's accurate: try Python.
Decent object model... just an overly verbose syntax and that horrific
"you must indent your code the way Guido wanted or Guido will make a
visit to your house" indenting style.