Philip Mak wrote:

> I've noticed something peculiar with Apache::ASP. It does not seem to be
> initializing variables to 0. That is, if I load one ASP webpage that sets
> a variable to X, then in the next ASP webpage the variable is initialized
> to X instead of 0. Is this intended behavior, or is it a bug?

Try the UseStrict setting.  You are using global variables
which will not be reset by Apache::ASP.

> Also, I was wondering if there is a way to make Apache::ASP print more
> meaningful error messages when a compile error is encountered, instead of
> "500 Internal Server Error". Right now I have to look in my HTTP error
> log, which gives something like this:
>
> [Fri May 26 05:56:54 2000] [error] [asp] [31714] [error] Bad name after
> Arrest' at (eval 31) line 96. <--> ,
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/ASP.pm line 1180
> Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 20) line 96, near
> "'yuarrest/|You're"
>         (Missing operator before re?)

Set Debug to 2 for HTML debug output.

> This also does not tell me the filename of the script that caused the
> problem, so sometimes I have to guess when my script uses #include file.
> It would be nice if Apache::ASP would display the error message right
> there on the webpage (a la IIS ASP).
>
> -Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Set DynamicIncludes to 1 so that includes are compiled
as their own subroutines... the error will then be relative
to that file.

Definately read the full README or http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA