I've also played with the idea of creating a similiar class, but have not
 had time to really get on with it.. The best client sniffer that I have
 found thus far is a javascript (ewww) one.. but it would rock to have this
 functionality as an apache mod!

 http://developer.netscape.com:80/docs/examples/javascript/browser_type.html

 I'm more than willing to help with this if you so desire.. just haven't
 gotten around to it myself yet.

--

     -Casey