Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Drew Taylor wrote:
>
> > I'm hoping it's been done already, because the user-agent strings are
> > terribly inconsistent...
>
> I needed something like that once and ended up with this:
<snip>
Cool! I ripped off the browser & version code. It seemed much more
conprehensive than mine. :-)

Next question, what if this was turned into a proper Apache module and
run as the PerlFixupHandler. It could put the sniffer results into
$r->notes entries, which could then be used where ever needed. I'll
assume it would just return DECLINED so the standard handlers will be
run.

Does this sound like a useful project? I think I could probably squeeze
it in within a few days, using Ask's and my code.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.