Gunther Birznieks wrote:

> Would you mind please submitting this as a standard NON-Apache CPAN module?
>
> There are too many modules (even 1 is too many... ;)) under the Apache::*
> moniker that actually can be used in generic CGI programs.
>
> The fixuphandler sounds interesting, but I would prefer if that were a
> wrapper around another module that generically is designed to check the
> user agent regardless of mod_perl, PerlEx, Win32Perl, CGI/Perl. FastCGI,
> whatever...
>
> So two CPAN submissions, one under Apache::* and another under CGI::* or
> maybe under LWP.... (I prefer CGI::* though)...
Well, there is already HTTP::BrowserDetect as someone else pointed out.
It has much more functionality than what I have written. So the only
question left is would an Apache Module which puts
browser/version/platform into the notes table be useful? Should I put
out an RFP on the list? I wrote a quick & dirty PerlFixupHandler which
I'm currently using (and it works :-). Would anyone be interested in the
code?

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.