Paul Lindner wrote:

> > Hey Paul,
> >
> > I think you will have a problem with cold fusion templating
> > logic like if/else constructs.  For these, I would recommend
> > having something like a ColdFusionCompat config setting, and we
> > could rip out some of these are parse time and convert them into the
> > ASP style constructs.
>
> One idea is to have a separate class of tags that are used in the
> parse stage.:
>
>   CodeTags (cfif|cfelse|cfend)
>
>   sub cfend {
>     return('}');
>   }
>
>   sub cfelse {
>     return('} else {');
>   }

It would be nice to have this extension, I can see why,
so instead of executing the XMLSubs at runtime, they
would be executed at compile time, which would prevent
them from being defined in the script itself being
compiled.  Have to be in global.asa or some perllib.
Note that in global.asa, there could be the likes of

*cfend = *CF::Tags::end;
*cfelse = *CF::Tags::else;

So, how would a XMLParseSubsMatch config be for this
behavior?

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA