At 13:02 27/07/2000 +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I hear you, yet I also know that the ID= tags are valid CSS. You are going
>> screw
>> yourself up one way or the other with that.
>>
>> For instance...
>>  <STYLE>
>> TD {color: red;}
>> .oneTD { color: yellow }
>> </STYLE>
>>
>> Now, your TD cells are going to get the red (assuming you aren't using
>> Netscape's
>> broken CSS). But how could you force one cell to get the yellow?
>> The normal way to do it would be
>> <TD ID="oneTD"> but you have already used up your ID tag.
>>
>> Tell me if I am missing something.
>
>The CLASS attribute.

That's only a workaround (though the code above is bugged, it should be
#oneTD in the CSS), supposedly one should have the abilty to apply style to
one single element using an ID, which offers the guarantee that no other
element will get that same style. It may seem like a small functionality,
but it still conflicts with HTML+CSS, which I don't like the sound of.

-- robin b.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?