Joshua Chamas wrote:

> I'll be bringing auto formfilling to the Apache::ASP table
> just as soon as I work out the details with other interested
> parties.  I'm thinking of some kind of $Response->{FormFill}
> attribute, and possibly a FormFill config setting, to specify
> runtime form filling, then there's that whole ASP+ syntax
> to possibly support as well.
That would be most excellent! I have yet to take more than a cursory
look at Apache::ASP and Embperl, so I don't know what feature set they
offer. I think the thing that is most difficult to currently do in my
modules is the form pre-filling.

In my case, it is imperative to save all input that the user entered,
except for fields incorrectly entered or missing. I currently do it my
grabbing form input, do some basic checking for each group of info, save
it to the DB, and then display either for form again with the
missing/error fields highlighted or show a response.

Anything that would make the above scenario easier would get a thorough
look in future templating system decisions. In short, I'm looking for a
good, FLEXIBLE application framework. I'm tired of writing it all
myself. And while it has been excellent experience, I say build on the
backs of other giants. :-)

I spent the first 1.5 hours today reading all the threads of "templating
system", and it was worth every second. :-) IMHO, the lack of a
"standard" framework is the perl community's biggest drawback. But then
we also have many systems to choose from, so that is a big benefit. As
someone else mentioned, interoperability, even in just it's a most basic
form, would be a major feature.

Oh yeah, and throw in a CMS to boot ;-) Keep up the _excellent_ work
folks.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.