I might as well pipe up.

I very much enjoy using HTML::Mason.

And people keep calling it inline perl, while it is really a hybrid
inline/templating solution (i.e. <%init> blocks keeps much of the perl
code separate, but in the same file.

It would, however, be nice to combine the best features of all solutions.
I guess that means inline Perl and Templates would be ok. In fact, I can
imagine a couple reasons right off where supporting both concepts is
better for development.
1. The perl coders don't need to develop a template
    to produce a coding solution to a problem.
2. Really tiny template files become unnecessary. If there is only one
    or two lines of HTML in a component, does it need a template?

As a side note, I was given to believe that Embperl tags (and Mason tags
with the [%%] patch) were compatible with DreamWeaver, meaning
that although they aren't valid HTML, they are compatible with at
least one HTML IDE.