[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Drew Taylor) wrote:
>Gerald Richter wrote:
>>

>> > Vivek had an excellent suggestion in private email: put together a list
>> > of features and let the developers check off the options their system
>> > supports. My biggest question is who comes up with the feature list in
>> > the first place?
>> >
>> I would suggest it the other way round. Put together what you already have
>> and let the developers correct and complete it. I often had thought about
>> creating such a comparison, but I don't have the time to do so, but doing a
>> proof read of what you have created should be possible.

I suggest having not just a simple checkmark, but a 3-way check.  A
system either supports a feature, or it doesn't, or it *optionally*
supports it (can be switched on and off).  This is often very helpful to
know, and might let one get a good sense of the differences between
various systems at a glance.