Gunther Birznieks wrote:
> Of course, mod_perl support is crucial for those that want to "scale", but
> normal CGI/Perl support is really a biggie that I haven't seen highlighted
> within the context of this thread.

Most of the popular template modules support CGI use.  Almost everything
except Apache::ASP claims to work, although I don't think you'd find
anyone doing much with Mason through CGI.  It sounds like you want more
of a "just templates" solution anyway.

The question is which ones perform well in a non-persistent
environment.  I would expect the simple regex type to beat the
compile-to-perl-subs type in this scenario.  At a guess, maybe
HTML::Template and CGI::FastTemplate would be contenders here.  Some of
the small compile-to-perl-subs ones might work as well, like
Text::Template.

- Perrin