On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Todd Finney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm building a simple templating system.   The major
> requirement of the system is that allow custom dynamic
> headers, footers, and toolbars based upon the identity of
> the user.

is there a particular reason why you've not chosen to use one of the very
excellent existing templating systems?  i've used HTML::Template for many
things;  it's very lightweight and incredibly easy, and i'm pretty sure it
would solve your problems.  lately, i've been getting into
Template::Toolkit, and i find it to be *very* powerful, easy, and much
more flexible than HTML::Template.  i'd really recommend you exhaust all
your options with one of the currently available template kits on CPAN
before you roll your own.

ky