On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Todd Finney wrote:
> We were looking for a way to do only templating, and leave
> (essentially)  everything else on the site alone.

For that, Template Toolkit, HTML::Template, or CGI::FastTemplate are
probably your best options.

> Almost, but we still have a couple of concerns about
> it.  First, it would mean that we'd have to update all the
> cgis to not use CGI.pm for form argument handling.

You mean for HTML generation and "sticky" forms?  You can still use CGI.pm
for that with Template Toolkit and I think you can with Mason as
well.  Take a look at the mail archives.

> Second, we need to be able to do per-user templates, which I don't
> believe it can do (can AxKit do that?).

You can modify the template path at run time with any of these, which
should do the trick.

- Perrin