At 02:11 PM 8/23/00, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Todd Finney wrote:
> > We were looking for a way to do only templating, and
> leave
> > (essentially)  everything else on the site alone.
>
>For that, Template Toolkit, HTML::Template, or
>CGI::FastTemplate are
>probably your best options.

As I said, Template::Toolkit is nice, but more tool than we
need.  I'll have to investigate the last two.

> > Almost, but we still have a couple of concerns about
> > it.  First, it would mean that we'd have to update all
> the
> > cgis to not use CGI.pm for form argument handling.
>
>You mean for HTML generation and "sticky" forms?  You can
>still use CGI.pm
>for that with Template Toolkit and I think you can with
>Mason as
>well.  Take a look at the mail archives.

The CGI.pm concern was specifically related to Mason.  See
my reply to Matt for a link to the FAQ to which I was
referring.

> > Second, we need to be able to do per-user templates,
> which I don't
> > believe it can do (can AxKit do that?).
>
>You can modify the template path at run time with any of
>these, which
>should do the trick.

I didn't realize that was so basic a requirement, but I
suppose it would be handy in a lot of situations.

thanks,
Todd