On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>
> > what is AO?
>
> A port of the servlets architecture to mod_perl.

from the original announcement i sent on 4 sept 2000:

README snip--

AO is a servlet engine for Perl. It provides an application
environment with such features as session tracking and
persistence, security (authentication and authorization),
simple configuration, and customizable logging. It also
eventually will implement a Perl version of the (Java)
Servlet API, providing applications with a well known model
for application construction that abstracts the process
model and deployment environment away from the developer.

--

AO integrates out of the box with Apache::Session and Mason.
i'm hoping others will add integration with AxKit,

this is my first release of AO to the outside world. it's a
pre-pre-pre-developer release; much is unfinished or in need
of rework, altho i am using the engine as is for several
projects today. i'm interested in feedback on both the
general goals of the software as well as on its architecture
and implementation. there's no mailing list, so please
either send mail to me directly or to the modperl mailing
list (preferred). PLEASE read the README before you do
anything else.