On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> I need a tool to interactively visualize DB tables from a web interface.
> Ideally this tool would let me:
>
> - rename column headers,
> - set cell alignments, widths, background colors,
> - reorder columns,
> - save all these visualisation settings in a DB,
> - it would be written in perl (even better: mod_perl),

> Does such a beast exist? I am in the process of writing one, so I
> thought I'd check first...

My Alzabo project includes a (fairly lame right now) data browser that is
a set of Mason components.  Alzabo right now only supports MySQL but I'm
going to start working on Postgres support sometime 'real soon now'
(i.e. I'm real busy so I don't know when).

The data browser does at least some of what you want, though its not
nearly as customizable as what you mentioned above.

Alzabo is at alzabo.sourceforge.net

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun