On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 04:57:59PM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need a tool to interactively visualize DB tables from a web interface.
> Ideally this tool would let me:
>
> - rename column headers,
> - set cell alignments, widths, background colors,
> - reorder columns,
> - save all these visualisation settings in a DB,
> - it would be written in perl (even better: mod_perl),
>
> Does such a beast exist? I am in the process of writing one, so I
> thought I'd check first...

Which Database are you thinking of? DBM files? SQL database? For SQL databases there
is phpMyAdmin (for MySQL) and phpPgAdmin (Postgresql), but those are written in PHP.
The functionality should be pretty easy to transfer if you look at php**Admin as an
example. Maybe it could even be a whole lot better by allowing 'plugins' like the way
DBI has database drivers..

I would be able to spend some time help testing/developing on a project like this, so
if you want help just email me.

regards,

--
Thomas Eibner