On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:
> At 00:12 16/11/2000 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >> Nothing against mod_rewrite -- I was just wondering if a small perl could
> >> be embedded with out bloating the server too much.
> >I don't think 'small' and 'perl' belong in the same sentence...
> I know what you mean but this is MicroPerl, not Perl. I don't know how much
> difference it makes, but it's certainly smaller. I'm afraid I can't help
> with embedding it though. I like the idea, not just for rewrites (I'm quite
> happy with mod_rewrite most of the time) but for all the conf stuff. It
> doesn't have dynaloader, but you could still do things like read conf from
> a flat file db or that sort of thing.

It doesn't have anything that isn't *entirely* portable and *entirely*
guaranteeable, which means a large number of syscalls, and anything which
isn't in K&R2.

MBM

--
Science is built up of facts, as a house with stones.  But a collection of
facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house.   -- Poincare