----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Moseley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Les Mikesell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: Microperl

> >> I don't build mod_rewrite into a mod_perl Apache as I like rewriting
with
> >> mod_perl much better.  But it doesn't make much sense to go that route
for
> >> a light-weight front-end to heavy mod_perl backend servers, of course.
> >
> >Just curious: what don't you like about mod_rewrite?
>
> You ask that on the mod_perl list? ;)  It's not perl, of course.

Yes, if it weren't for a lightweight httpd with mod_rewrite able
to selectively proxy to several machines my mod_perl servers
would have melted long ago.

> I like those <perl> sections a lot.
>
> Oh, there were the weird segfaults that I had for months and months.
> http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/182/2000/10/0/4480696/

I usually force a proxy with [p], or immediate local
action with [L] instead of falling through.  I don't know
if that would have avoided your problem or not.

> Nothing against mod_rewrite -- I was just wondering if a small perl could
> be embedded with out bloating the server too much.

I don't think 'small' and 'perl' belong in the same sentence...

    Les Mikesell
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]