Jim Winstead wrote:
> (of course, this only addresses scaling to a breadth of users, not
> scaling into the enterprise area. that just requires real marketing
> and hype.)

I saw an article in the Financial Times the other day. Some people have
written a "Fax your MP[1]" gateway (http://www.faxyourmp.org/). A quick
GET tells us that their server is running php, though I seem to recall
(reading about what they did previously) that they did some initial
database crunching in Perl. :)

The FT wondered why these handful of guys could put this thing together
so quickly, when big institutional IT schemes seem to take forever to go
nowhere at great cost (paraphrasing slightly).

Cheers

--
Tim Sweetman
A L Digital

[1] That's "member of parliament", politician representing your area