On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, J. J. Horner wrote:
>
> > If I'm way off base, please let me know.  I'm spending considerable
> > brain power on this idea and if I'm wasting it, I need to know.  I
> > don't have much spare brain power and I could use it to try to figure
> > out my wife . . .
>
> Ask yourself this question: Are you in need of a mod_perl job? If so, I'm
> willing to bet that there are employers who would snap you up in a second.

<snip>

On the flip side, if you're an employer looking for a good mod_perl
programmer, they're hard to find, and if you do find them, they're
quirky. ;)

I liked the idea of incorporating the local perl mongers groups into the
teaching/training/advocacy process.  I proposed it to my local group as a
possibility.  Perhaps it would help to get some standards though (similiar
to a certification process) that the groups could follow.  Perhaps areas
to cover, standard tests, etc.  Things that would lead a person to getting
really certified when/if such a thing exists.

Jay Jacobs