    >> Plus, I *always* use '-w' and '-T' and get them cleanly working
    >> during development phases, although I shut them off for actual
    >> deployment.

    Stas> 1. You cannot use -T under mod_perl, you should use
    Stas>    PerlTaintCheck
    Stas> instead: http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Taint_Mode

This is what I was referring to actually.  However, there are many
modules, such as Date::Manip, for example, that just will not load with
taint checking turned on.  In an intranet, it's not as big a deal as it
certainly is in the 'real world'.

But what can I do, short of rewritting the parts of the module that
don't function in with checking on

    Stas> 2. 'PerlTaintCheck On' is a must in production!!! not
    Stas>    development:
    Stas> * http://www.gunther.web66.com/FAQS/taintmode.html
    Stas> * perldoc perlsec

Thanks for the input.