Matt> On 13 Dec 2000, (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:
>> They really also belong on perl.apache.org, unless take23 is supposed
>> to be taking over that responsibility, or unless take23 will have a
>> VERY PROMINENT link on perl.apache.org.

Matt> I wouldn't say "taken over" but I can say you'll see more frequent updates
Matt> on take23, and it'll always be prettier :-)

Well, then, I'd ask for the perl.apache.org folks to "bless" the
take23.org site by linking to it prominently, along with a context
so that visitors know why some things are on perl.apache.org and
others are on take23.org.

And admittedly, the perl.org/pm.org/perl.com split is never clear to
most visitors (or even to the people who maintain it).  I'm just
afraid of another arbitrary demarcation like this.

Matt> It will always be at modperl.sergeant.org too, but there's no secret
Matt> mnemonic. Well there is a connection to mod_perl (I wouldn't have just
Matt> plucked a name out of mid air), but I'm not going to just reveal it, even
Matt> though someone has already figured it out. Maybe one day it will become an
Matt> FAQ.

Matt> For now, try a bookmark.

That doesn't help me remember it when I'm on a strange browser, or
trying to tell some people in front of a room.  But now that I know
the secret mnemonic, it'll help.

If you want traffic on your site, pick a way for people to remember it
when they walk into an internet cafe or when they are talking to
others in the hall.  Clever secret names suck, until you're the first
hit in google. :)