Hi everyone,

I have been going over the modperl tuning guide and the suggestions that
people on this list sent me earlier. I've reduced MaxClients to 33 (each
httpd process takes up 3-4% of my memory, so that's how much I can fit
without swapping) so if the web server overloads again, at least it won't
take the machine down with it.

Running a non-modperl apache that proxies to a modperl apache doesn't seem
like it would help much because the vast majority of pages served require
modperl.

I realized something, though: Although the pages on my site are
dynamically generated, they are really static. Their content doesn't
change unless I change the files on the website. (For example,
http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/ccs.htm depends on header.asp,
footer.asp, series.dat and index.inc. If none of those files change, the
content of ccs.htm remains the same.)

So, it would probably be more efficient if I had a /src directory and a
/html directory. The /src directory could contain my modperl files and a
Makefile that knows the dependencies; when I type "make", it will evaluate
the modperl files and parse them into plain HTML files in the /html
directory.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to implement this? Is there an
existing tool for doing this? How can I evaluate modperl/Apache::ASP files
from the command line?

Thanks,

-Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])