On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Edward Moon wrote:

> > Running a non-modperl apache that proxies to a modperl apache doesn't seem
> > like it would help much because the vast majority of pages served require
> > modperl.
>
> Not necessarily.
>
> You can use mod_proxy to cache the dynamically generated pages on the
> lightweight apache.

I thought about this... but I'm not sure how I would tell the lightweight
Apache to refresh its cache when a file gets changed. I suppose I could
graceful restart it, but the other webmasters of the site do not have root
access. (Or is there another way? Is it possible to teach Apache or Squid
that ccs.htm depends on header.asp, footer.asp, series.dat and index.inc?)

Also, does this mess up the REMOTE_HOST variable, or is Apache smart
enough to replace that with X-Forwarded-For when the forwarded traffic is
being sent from a local priviledged process?

-Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])