OK this is a little embarrasing... I assumed the script was die'ing when it hit the
XML::Parser routine and that eval wasn't catching the exception. Well the Apache
child is actually segfaulting. (Excuse: I'm running virtual hosts with seperate
logs. I didn't check the main error_log.). I checked the list archive and there's
tons of documentation about this and I think I saw a patch. (If anyone has more info
though, I'd appreciate it.) I'm running XML::Parser 2.30.

Thanks for the help and sorry about the time waster :)

--
Mark Maunder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Try not.