[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matt Sergeant) wrote:
>On Fri, 4 May 2001, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>> on 5/4/01 9:28 AM, Mark Maunder at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> > I have an Apache::Registry script that is using XML::Parser. The
>> > parser throws a 'die' call if it encounters a parse error (Why?).
>>
>> Because it's an exception and the parser can't continue.
>>
>> > I was handling this by putting the code in an eval block, but this
>> > no longer works since all Registry scripts are already in one huge
>> > eval block.
>>
>> It should still work.  An eval{} is scoped like any other block.  Maybe you
>> have a typo?  Post your code and we'll look at it.
>
>More likely is a b0rked $SIG{__DIE__} handler, like fatalsToBrowser. Yick.

If he's throwing a die, the randomness is probably going to make it hard
to track down the problem.  But there should be a 1 in 6 chance of
failure, so at least you can figure out the various distributions.

[Sorry, I'm teaching a probability class right now.]

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum